Crackle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackle!

It started on my model 4 around 30 minutes into rehearsals yesterday.
    Any ideas?
    I really suspect the tone pot, because the volume is a new with the je 1200.

I've checked all the wiring, tried new batteries, different amp, cables and all the other usual suspects.

There is a recording here

I want to gig it on saturday so any help would be really appreciated.
    If it is the tone pot, I have a 250k pot kicking about somewhere, could I swap it out for the 50k one thats in it now, tone is always left full up anyway.

HELP

Just spray some electric contact cleaner into ALL of the pots, then turn them full up and down a few times right after you spray them. Crackling pots don't necessarily mean they need replacement. I'm pretty sure that the tone pot on that circuit is already a 250K ohm, only the volume and mid boost are 50 K ohm anyway.

By the way, is this the new circuit you just bought?!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

yes, it is and hasn't been eliminated yet, Finn guitars are helping me with this as well, hopefully i'll get to the bottom of it.
      I tried contact cleaner, it did nothing, the deal with this is the previous owner was a solder monkey and he's melted everything to oblivion and i know that even though pots can be quite hardy they can only take so much.
      That however wouldn't explain the fact that it doesn't crackle for a while.

Comment

solder monkey
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Figured i had best bring this up to date!
          I stuck a new jack socket in and it's fine now.
          Fully functioning and quite awesome model 4, i'm well suited with it.

Comment

Fire crackle is awesome.

Oops, wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
            X