Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pickup wiring

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while, but I have been lurking.

I finally got round to re-wiring the 90 Deco Dream RR that I accidentally won on e-bother a while ago.

the sound was quite weak from the pickups and I had initally put this down to them being the later "narrow" J50 pickups, but now I am not so sure.

I found numerous wiring faux-pars when I got into it, but one has me a little bemused:

It is my understanding that Jackson humbucker pickups are wired back to front to SD's etc. i.e. that the Green wire = hot and the Black wire = gnd (red and white join together). Is this true?

Is there any point in time where Jackson pickups were wired the other way round (black = hot, green = gnd)?

The reason I ask is because in the Deco Dream I found the Jackson J50's with the green wired to gnd.

I guess my last point on this is; Does it make any difference?

Anyone?

Comment

The guitars I've had with factory wired Jackson pickups have all been wired with green to ground and black to hot. The only time I've ever had to worry about the difference between Duncan & Jackson wiring codes was when mixing them in a guitar with coil-split switching options.

Comment

even the bass humbucker is black pos/ green neg. you can hook it up the other way but it will obviously be out-of-phase

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Thanks for the input, I had used this link for figuring out the wiring colours:

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/cat...g_color_codes/

Hence why I thought the pickup was wired opposite to the SD.

I had already re-wired one pickup in before I posted, it works and sounds good enough. So my next question is:

Does it only reverse phase if the pickps are wired opposite to each other? i.e. neck is wired green = hot, black = gnd and the Bridge is wired green = gnd, black = hot.

Or am I misunderstanding how this works? and just wiring to the south side of both pickups will reverse the phase?

Comment

Working...
          X