Project: Yellow 14 'The Star Of Africa'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Yellow 14 'The Star Of Africa'

The latest edition of my warplane series. Hans Joachim Marseille's 'Yellow 14'.

I've always been a WWII buff and in particular, fascinated by German and Japanese engines of war....PLEASE save any political comments you may have...I'm not interested in the politics of it all...only the historical facts, personalities & weapons.

Known as 'The Star Of Africa', Marseille was widely regarded as the 'best shot in the Luftwaffe' and his career ended in the North African desert after 158 aerial victories all confirmed against the 'Western Allies'

My layout as submitted to Dan Lawrence

Initial 'Color Check' sent by Dan.

Hmmm...close but I am a stickler for detail...the yellow 14 needs to be moved left...Dan wasn't happy about that!

Yes, That's it!! Let's proceed...

Another Home Run by Dan. The finished Product.

And the series as it stands now...note the Jackson Soloist ME 109 on the left was done back in the year 2000. Still at least 3 more on the 'drawing board'!!
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 05-28-2011, 11:49 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Having a great love of history (more American Civil War for me, but a lot of WWII as well) I have to say I am absolutely in love with your Charvels!
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Nice job The whole motif is very cool.
      I may do my Star like that soon.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Speechless, to the detail and direction. My shit pales in comparison.

Comment

Awesome!!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Man that came out spectacular. What were the logistics on the headstock logo?

Comment

Awesome! Were all the Charvels Pro Mods? I've got a flat black 1-hum Wild Card I want to refinish, may send it to Dan.

Comment

Very cool. Love the warbirds theme.

Comment

You need a Spitfire now!! Maybe a P-51 or P-47 with "invasion stripes". A P-40 Warhawk with Chinese markings perhaps? Russian?

Are these all based from Pro-Mods?

Awesome...can't say that enough!!

Comment

Yelp amazing set there...love it

Comment

That is truly badass!
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        You need a Spitfire now!! Maybe a P-51 or P-47 with "invasion stripes". A P-40 Warhawk with Chinese markings perhaps? Russian?

Are these all based from Pro-Mods?
                        All 3 started with solid color Custom shop Charvels (4 digit neckplates) one of the three had a pointy head neck which I replaced with a USA pro-mod neck to keep the 'continuity' of Stratheads.

You pretty much nailed it Chris, I plan on a Russian Yak 9, Spitfire/Hurricane and probably a silver P 51 with Invasion Stripes....maybe my take on a B-17 Bomber too.

We'll see.... endless possibilities!
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Truly Badass!
                          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I think I'll just buy another guitar just to have one of these warplane graphics painted. So many choices tho. Did Dan do all of these?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Amazing collection bro! I really dig the warplane graphics. I have a soft spot for them as both of my grandparents (RIP) worked for Fairchild Aviation back in the day. I've been working on some ink tributes to both sides of my family...I have the old-school Fairchild pegasus logo outlined on my left forearm...it will eventually be filled in with a blueprint of an A10.

Comment

Working...
                              X