Thomas & Ginex Fret Refinishing Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas & Ginex Fret Refinishing Method

Has anyone tried this..to good to be true system?
    I have had more then A few people ask me, why not this system?
    It is hard for some people to comprehend the amount of work to Relevel, crown, polish etc.
    The diamond files, fretboard radius sanders, beveling.. leveling tools from Stewmac, cost me A small fortune!
    I doubt this thing works...but mabee someone here has tried one.

I tried this gimmick out years ago, and I'll say that if your frets aren't in that bad of shape, it works well enough. Nothing beats a professional level, crown and polish though.

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
      I tried this gimmick out years ago, and I'll say that if your frets aren't in that bad of shape, it works well enough. Nothing beats a professional level, crown and polish though.

Hey thanks. input is greatly appreciated and what I was after.
      Sure nothing beats A pro job...but some of the kids want cheap.
      Mabee I'am charging to much
      Compound radius 'board leveling is A PITA.
      I relize this gimmick will not do that, but remove minute grooves, polish...

Comment

This thread brings up a good question. With most of my guitars being compound radius... how do you REALLY know if the luthier is doing what they need to in order to get the best playability out of your Charvel/Jackson??? I hate to say it.. but I don't trust anyone in my area to work on my compound boards. Guess I need to take up a new hobby!!

Comment

Working...
        X