X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2h pick selector nut

on thursday ups is going to deliver this to my work
    035.jpg
    the only thing that bugs me is the chrome selector switch nut on an all black guitar
    really want to get a an original Jackson black one
    like the one on this snow white model
    jacksonwhite.jpg

any ideas where to get one?...
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

I bought a Charvel USA selector switch on eBay that had the black nut and black switch tip. The seller had a ton of them, might still have some...

Edit: Here's a link. Hard to tell if this nut is black, but the picture looks like the one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-USA-Charvel...item2eb3fdb7b3

Second edit: Holy crap! didn't notice the price before I linked it. I'd say buy a can of black spraypaint for $3.
    Last edited by Ward; 05-23-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Remove the switch and carefully apply Sharpie marker, works like a charm and never fails!
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Remove the switch and carefully apply Sharpie marker, works like a charm and never fails!
        looks like i will run with thatone
        thanks
        a bunch
        len

Comment

Good choice, Len. I did it with a Custom Shop AT Soloist. All black hardware except for that damn shiny silver chrome switch. Laced it with some black Sharpie, you can't even tell it was chrome...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            +1 done it alot
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

carefully removed and sprayed painted it at work yestday when it arrived....did not work to well ...even gloss...
              goin to see wally tomorrow and pick up a sharpie even the paint looks better than the chrome...thinking about emgs to complete the whole EVERYTHING is black motife

on m y old dkr it was black with chrome hardware and when i put chrome pup rings on it looked badass ...but all black hardware and 1 chrome knob

Comment

so i'm doing the sharpie thing today and its working well,so i decide to take the swichout to get the sharpie in thier bettr and turn it 90 degrees so it twords volume knob for neck and neck and back by tone for bridge,then i see more fricjen chrome,the input jack nut & washer are chrome so do those as well the input jack itslelf.now i'm this far into and i'm feeling like beavis and butthead put together when i see the pickup inside screws and magnets....they get the sharpie treatment too ...so i think i am done,flip over the guitar and the allen fuckin wrenches are chrome too.... NOT ANYMORE turned out well enough thanks for the advice
                len

before

after
                100_0344.jpg
                Last edited by len; 05-28-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Won't the black pen wear off? The chrome on the switch doesn't really bother me and my 90's Warriors have blades anyway.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

sharpie prolly will wear off
                    or........... can be easily taken off :idea:
                    but i kept looking at it and every shiny peice of hardware bothering me and until i come up with a more permanent solution i am running with this

the white bindings were bothering me as well but i had to draw the line somewhere
                    Last edited by len; 05-28-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

The sharpie will def wear off, but its easy to reapply.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                      X