Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Pull pot dimensions

Hi,

I'm about to change my tone pot for a push pull one, in order to fit in a set of Bareknuckes on a SL2H and split the coils of both neck and bridge pick up, and do not know what pot to buy.

After searching the web for suitable ones, I see there is a variety of measures and I wouldn't like to work on the wood, just to swap the pots and soldering. I guess shaft diameter (to adjust to the original hole ) and length of the pot (to fit in the cavity) are the important dimensions to take into consideration but I'm somehow lost.

Perhaps is a silly question but the Soloist is the best guitar I'll ever have (my wife will not allow such an expense never again ) and would like to keep it in the best condition!

many thanks
    Last edited by mohi; 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM.
    Jackson SL2H Transparent Green
    My Youtube Channel

The push pull pot should fit no problem.
    As far as wiring go to guitarelectronics.com
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

USA pots are larger than imports, so if you don't replace with USA sized push/pull pots (a little hard to find) there will be a little slop in the pot mounting. I only split the JB in my SL2H because the 59 is 2 conductor wiring. I got a 500K SPST switch. Just ground the white & red wires to split the coils.

Comment

Just don't use EVH pots. They fit great and are outstanding quality (bourns) but they bring a whole new definition to low friction. I can blow on the things and they move. Not a good quality to have for me when I already complain about the location of that volume knob anyway! LOL

Comment

Thanks all for the replies, I finnaly grabbed this one:

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

as soon as I install it will let you know. About the wiring diagrams, the guys of Bareknuckle make them available in their web, in a very easy to understand document:

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/schematics.php
          My Youtube Channel

Comment

Probably the Alpha brand that's available everywhere. Import (smaller) size and will have slop. It's not that big of a deal, but there will be slop. Tighten it down, wire it, and ROCK!
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

We'll see, hopefully I won't need to modify the guitar ... I can't wait to hear the Bareknuckles on the SL2H
              My Youtube Channel

Comment

Already installed, the Alpha pot was narrower than the original hole so I had to make some adaptation on it to be firmly fixed to the guitar.

With the new pick ups, now the guitar sounds much more balanced!
                My Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X