Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JTX Std Wiring Help?

Hey guys,

I'm fixing up my buddy's Jackson JTX Std for him, since I'm a nice guy. It wasn't getting any sound from any of the pickups, (except the middle and neck pickup together) and the wiring was perfect everywhere, so we believed it to be the pickup selector.

I replace the pickup selector with a new one I had sitting around, made sure all the wires were in the same place as before and everything. I plug it in, and I have the EXACT same problem as prior to changing the pickup selector :think:

Does anybody know if I might have just wired it incorrectly, or maybe the pickups are fried? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

Connect each pickup to the jack individually. If they work, it's not the pickups.
    Connect each pickup to the Volume pot individually, then to the jack. If they work, it's not the pot or the pickups.
    Connect each pickup to the switch individually, then to the pot, then to the jack. If they work, it's not the pot, the switch, or the pickups.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Connect each pickup to the jack individually. If they work, it's not the pickups.
      Connect each pickup to the Volume pot individually, then to the jack. If they work, it's not the pot or the pickups.
      Connect each pickup to the switch individually, then to the pot, then to the jack. If they work, it's not the pot, the switch, or the pickups.
      Thanks Newc! I'm going to try that tomorrow when I go back to work on the guitar

Also, should I try running the bridge pickup through the jack by itself, then with the coil split?

Comment

Working...
      X