Dye Experts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dye Experts help

I am thinking about ordering a body from warmoth with a quilt top. There are a couple of ones that I like the pattern on but they have a light streak down the middle. How will they look after dying? Will the light strip stay light after dying? What'd you think?:dunno:

Here are the ones I'm talking about.

Depends on the density of the lighter area and how thin the dye is, but I doubt you'll end up with a blonde streak when you're done, if that's your concern.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd be interested to see what it looks like after final sanding before the dye is applied.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I was going to have warmoth do a purple dye on it, so I wouldn't have any pictures. to be on the safe side should I stay away from these 2.

Comment

Should be fine. Isn't that just the seam split down the middle where it's bookmatched?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,
            I'm just worried that I'll end up with a light streak or a part that has little quilt figuring.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Should be fine. Isn't that just the seam split down the middle where it's bookmatched?
              If the seam is THAT visibile, that's a bad glue joint. The glue seam shouldn't be that visible/discolored.
              I guess it's possible that it's a coloration difference in the top. That's not uncommon.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X