Yet another je 1200 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another je 1200 thread

I've spent the last 3 or 4 days going through all the pre amp/mid boost threads and haven't found the answer.

I've just grabbed a nice black model 4 from ebay it seems however the je 1200 is toast.
    I've just taken it out and it looks like a 2 year old with a soldering iron has been messing with it.
    ripped tracks etc, anyway does anybody know what i should be looking at to test it?
    the pot works on it as do the others in the guitar.

although it doesn't work properly it does actually seem to do something, so before i ditch it and buy the €70 copy one if i could test it out i would be happy..

Anybody?
    Last edited by raven3d; 05-07-2011, 12:36 PM. Reason: typo's

bought the copy one from finn guitars, it should be here anytime!

Comment

Pics of the old one please
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Offhand I'd say someone tried to spruce up the rather weak connections (I've had them just break off when trying to install one), but that's delicate surgery on very thin components.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have to agree, tracks were ripped up etc.
          I got it looking better, then just bought the other anyway.

Comment

I believe in layman's terms that is called 'gobs of solder'

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              I believe in layman's terms that is called 'gobs of solder'
              Tin miners in cornwall all have gold taps on their yachts after that guys soldering mission.

Comment

new bit landed here today, I'll try to give you a run down of it as and when i get to fitting it.

Comment

Well that was great!
                  Right from the start, Finn guitars were awesome to deal with, It means a lot to you when you get good customer service and I can't fault this guy one bit.
                  http://www.finnguitars.nl/

The new je 1200 is really neatly manufactured, the wiring diagram was a doddle to follow and I now have a fully functioning model 4 with shark fins! it's gonna get gigged this weekend.

Comment

Now i'm officially loving my model 4..

Comment

Glad to hear it, I was holding back on ordering a batch of these since I didn't know if the guy was kosha or not. His shipping terms were a bit odd when I enquired.

Seeing a good review is always nice, I'll get that order in now.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                        Glad to hear it, I was holding back on ordering a batch of these since I didn't know if the guy was kosha or not. His shipping terms were a bit odd when I enquired.

Seeing a good review is always nice, I'll get that order in now.
                        It was shipped via ems datapost, its a bit like parcel force in the uk, anything posted to Cyprus is a lottery as to whether it gets here, but with ems at least you can track it.

Comment

Working...
                        X