Fret buzz-big E string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret buzz-big E string

I recently tried to fix some major big E string 1st fret buzzing on my model 6.i think was it caused by a worn nut. I used super glue gel to fill the groove but also tried adjusting the neck before but it really didnt get better.im hoping the super glue trick works after i file it. Anyone else done this before?
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Is it open string buzzing against the first fret, or a fretted note at the first buzzing against the second fret?

Comment

open buzz but it seems to be fixed.just had to carefully cut a small groove for the E string.Well see how long it lasts tho,Was tempted to just put a small peice of paper under the string but the glue has hardened and seems to be working great!
      "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

I have never tried the super glue thing, but I had a guitar that the groove for the low E had worn down too low and used to put a piece of the high E string that I had cut off under the string inside the nut slot and it worked great until I got around to replacing the nut.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Yes, replacing the nut would be my advice too.
          Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

If you still have problems hook up with Sully. I believe he is relatively local to you and will give you honest advice about what to do for a fix.

www.sullyguitars.us
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X