PC1; can you split the humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1; can you split the humbucker?

Looking at modding my PC1 a bit. I wanted to put in a push/pull pot for the humbucker to split it so I can get a single-coil sound out of it. Will the Dimarzio pickup do that? Anyone do it and does it sound decent enough?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Does the pup have a four conductor wire? If it does it can be split...

Comment

when i had the PAF pro in one of my PC-1s, i had it split in the bridge/middle position. it was a nice sound. i didn't keep it though. i prefer the sound of a full humbucker with a middle single...helps me get that queensryche sound.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You can definitely split the Super3. I've got it wired for that option in a couple of my (non-PC1) guitars. Very decent SC tone, IMHO. But, then again, you know what they say about opinions. Not sure how do-able the splitting option may be with a PC1, though, given its more complex electronic layout with the sustainer.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          You can definitely split the Super3. I've got it wired for that option in a couple of my (non-PC1) guitars. Very decent SC tone, IMHO. But, then again, you know what they say about opinions. Not sure how do-able the splitting option may be with a PC1, though, given its more complex electronic layout with the sustainer.
          Thanks. I am hoping since the humbucker is not tied to the other electronics that it can be done 'normally'. I really just need it for some versatility for a side project instead of carrying extra guitars with me.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
          X