Anyone use Duncan Alternative 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Duncan Alternative 8?

I'm in the process of rebuilding an old charvette 270 (MIJ, make fun of it if you want but I've had this guitar since it was a couple years old) and I only have an Alternative 8 to put in th bridge and was wondering what would go good with this pup. All my other guitars with passives have JB's and Jazz or hotrails. Kinda wanting to go a lil different way with this one. Although it's an HSS setup I have 2 holes for DPDT switches so I can split any single spaced bucker. Anyone out there with any ideas?:idea:
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Ive got a guitar (star body) with a Alt 8 at the bridge, and a Dimarzio SDS1 at the neck. Awesome Combo.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Thanx. Toddstaples
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I've got an Alt8 in the WarAngel. I like it better than the Distortion that was in it. Has all the scream but is a bit more controlled, even with no knob.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          I've got an Alt8 in the WarAngel. I like it better than the Distortion that was in it. Has all the scream but is a bit more controlled, even with no knob.
          What about the knob playing it?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well played sir. Well played.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

He said knob. Ha ha haha.

Comment

Great, beefy pickup.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  What about the knob playing it?
                  no control at all
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I knew that was coming
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

At least it wasn't a castration joke

Comment

you been using the Halford Warrior to cheesegrate your balls again?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Gotta scratch my balls on stage somehow

Comment

Working...
                            X