Takeuchi help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi help

I have a 93/94 model King V Std with the trem arm missing. I bought a standard trem arm off ebay, the screw in arm, but it doesn't screw in to the hex nut.

There appears to be something missing-an insert or something? On the bottom of the block is a screw.

Can someone enlighten me on the components of a Takeuchi Trem and tell me potentially what I'm missing.

Here is a pic of the top of the trem showing the hex nut.

Cheers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by thebeggar; 04-17-2011, 08:34 PM.

I just blocked mine. Too much of a PITA trying to find a bar.

Comment

If all else fails, you should be able to remove that socket and replace the whole thing with an OFR arm & socket from StewMac or AllParts. It might require drilling or filing out the hole to make it fit, but it works really well in most cases.

Comment

I tried unscrewing the hex nut but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. It just seems to screw around in place.

Comment

i got my son an old Yamaha that has one of these. I got the bar from here - http://www.gpdusa.com/Tremolo_Parts-...olo_Parts.html

Comment

From that diagram it definitely looks identical, even down to the spring.
            Possible stupid question alert but does it screw in? I'm assuming it does, but if look down the barrel of the trem on my King V I can't see any thread.
            One thing I do know is that the arm I ordered previously was for a OFR or similar but in the listing for the TRS trem arm it specifically says that they are not replacements for an OFR.

So I guess that's one of my problems. Looks like I'll take a punt and order one.

Comment

it does screw in. you can't see the threads in my son's either. i took the bridge around to a number of local shops and they always tried to fit an ibanez type bar cuz they couldn't see the threads. so i did a bit of research, bought that one, and it was a perfect fit.

Comment

Mine screws in. And no a floyd stud bushing will not work.The trem arm actually threads into the sustain block.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

^^ true dat ^^

Comment

Awesome. Thanks your help guys. I'll order one now.

I've kept putting it off for about 2 yrs now so I haven't really played the King V much so I'm hangin' to finally get it setup properly.

Cheers

Comment

I took mine down to the local guitar shop to go through their trem arm bin. That way I could try a bunch of strat-style screw in arms until I found one that worked
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Already tried that. No such luck

Comment

Working...
                        X