Building A Frankenstrat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Frankenstrat

Not really a Jackson related question so, don't kill me . I have an old MIM fender strat that doesn't really get played much these days, for obvious reasons. However, in an attempt to give myself a reason to play it I'm considering doing some serious modifications.

I picked up an HS routed pickguard with one volume control hole and place for the 5way switch. Currently I'm thinking of picking up a dimarzio Tonezone (bridge PU) and Air Norton S (neck). Does that sound like a good combo? I'm looking for a good crunch in the bridge and smooth overdrive sounds in the neck. I have a JB and 59 set in my SL2h, but I'm not looking for exactly the same sound as that (why have multiple guitars if they all sound the same, right?).

Also, will adding locking tuners make the guitar stay somewhat in tune if the standard fender trem is used?

I would just sell it, but it was my first electric and I'd kind of like to make something out of it... not to mention I'd get almost no money for it .
    Last edited by groverj3; 04-17-2011, 02:56 PM.
Working...
X