Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pickup for my Charvel Model 2.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pickup for my Charvel Model 2.........

HEY !

Im lookin to replace the pickup in my Charvel Model 2. The current pickup isn't the original pickup....according to my tech guy. My question is ...which pickup would be the right choice for this basswood body guitar for my playing style of Hard Rock / Metal ?.....

Thanks in advance

Seymour Duncan Custom or Custom 5 for me.

Comment

I play metal/punk/shred-ish metal. the Model 2 I had, for what ever brief a time, had the stock J-90c in it, and it was a nice all around p/u. If youre wanting to stay after market, Id stick with the Custom or the JB. Bottom line though, you could have two Model 2s with the same p/u, and chances are that they will both sound different, devil part of the guitar I guess. If you like to noodle or pay your techs rent, start experimenting until you find the right one for your ears. Id start with anything SD has listed on their site with the flame icon next to it.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

J90C does rock and metal fine.

Comment

I had a SD distortion in my M1 modded with Schaller FR for years, loved it.

Comment

+1 to what donP said
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              +1 to what donP said
              I agree. The early non-covered J90C.

I also like an X2N.
              Wire it series/parallel with a push pull.
              Models
              The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
              I dont need furniture.
              If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
              If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
              And rock that sucker.

Comment

as I said...the original pickup is not in there or I would just leave it from previously hearing so many good things about it that's why im looking to replace it

Comment

I love any lively bright pickup in basswood. Try a Duncan Distortion or JB as a starting point.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder22 View Post
                    as I said...the original pickup is not in there or I would just leave it from previously hearing so many good things about it that's why im looking to replace it
                    Find one, theyre not expensive, so long as you dont buy one from alienxnation.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, took a slightly different approach....installed a Duncan Invader - with a coil split switch and a tone knob with an 042 Vitamin G cap. Sorta defeats the 1 pup / 1 knob simplicity of the Model 2, but sonically doesn't make the guitar so pickup dependent if that makes sense. Also added a 42mm brass block to the OFR on the guitar witch also colors the sound. Bottom line, guitar is a monster rock / metal player. Good luck.

Mark
                      "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Dimarzio Steve's Special for the bridge. Air Norton or Air Norton S for the neck.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                        X