Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro mods in USA Charvel instead of import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro mods in USA Charvel instead of import?

Hi just joined. Got a question. Seen a few pro mod mentions in the USA section rather than Charvel import? Do pro mods not belong in import?

Just curious.

Thanks

Production model Charvels were made in the USA up until about midway into last year. You can tell them pretty easily by the "Made in USA" on the headstock and neckplate, as well as the pickup rings rather than direct mount pickups on the rear-loaded model. People here called them pro mods from very early on, even though that wasn't the official name. Now Charvel's official name for the Japanese-made production guitars is Pro Mod, so that may be the reason for some confusion. The new Japanese ones are discussed in the import section.

Comment

And even though they are the exact same guitar - with the exact same parts - the MIJ ProMods suck nuts in comparison to the pure mojo-sweetness of the MIA ProMods! Yeah, baby! USA! USA! USA!

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        And even though they are the exact same guitar - with the exact same parts - the MIJ ProMods suck nuts in comparison to the pure mojo-sweetness of the MIA ProMods! Yeah, baby! USA! USA! USA!

You pegged my sarcasm meter.

Comment

I personally think that any charvel made outside of the USA is not really a charvel and the re-ssues too same deal, but at least the USA made re-issue and custom shops were in true charvel spirit. . the first time they moved em to japan i was depressed but this time it made me sick! I couldnt believe it was happening again after they finally got charvel started up again. I do think the MIJ pro mods are great guitars but they are not true charvels. as far as i can recall charvel started california not tokyo or nagasaki
          I see it this way this way the pro mods are great guitars with a charvel logo, the 1980-83's are real charvels and will never be matched no matter where they make em and sorry if you dont agree but if you own a old original you will know what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
            I do think the MIJ pro mods are great guitars but they are not true charvels. as far as i can recall charvel started california not tokyo or nagasaki
            I see it this way this way the pro mods are great guitars with a charvel logo, the 1980-83's are real charvels and will never be matched no matter where they make em and sorry if you dont agree but if you own a old original you will know what i mean
            Sure thing, and I'm 100% sure that the grass was greener and the girls were prettier in 1980-83, but now it's 2011 And those girls are fat, old and ugly now, aren't they? LOL

Comment

IMO, most anything MIJ beats most anything MIA. Especially guitars and automobiles. And it pains me to say it.

Comment

I have owned one Japan avanger RR model, one Japan Jackson RR professional, one RR USA custom, one Jackson USA San Dimas style and one USA Charvel star made 2005. The order of how I like them is this:

1. Charvel USA Star
                2. Jackson RR USA custom
                3. Jackson RR Japan professional
                4. Charvel Avenger Japan
                5. Jackson USA San Dimas

The two Jackson RR were of allmost equal quality, even though the USA was a custom.

I must say that the Charvel USA star is my all time favourite guitar. I´ve had lots of guitars. Gibson Expolere E2, Fender Jaguar ´65, Gibson SG custom, Tokai strat ´57 reissue, Kramer focus, Gibson standard SG, swedish custom made Tele by Mabas, probably forgot some but anyway...

I remember the Japan Charvels of the late eighties, never had one but I played them and they were great. I never tried the early eighties Charvel/Jackson but I'm sure they were great. Some players don't like the thin frets and thick necks...

Just sayin...

Comment

Sure thing, and I'm 100% sure that the grass was greener and the girls were prettier in 1980-83, but now it's 2011 And those girls are fat, old and ugly now, aren't they? LOL
                  And so are us guys that grew up then too. So what.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    And so are us guys that grew up then too. So what.
                    So it's time to move on, life still goes on, there's no way to turn back time.

Comment

ATM you can pick up a nice used USA pro Mod for less that a new Jap one.
                      Give me the USA every time.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

or even get NOS USA production with a very good price

I don't know what to do with the new hardtail MIJ Charvel that seems to be almost a dream 6-string guitar for me. Did anyone try them out already?
                        Charvel Solar (2/10)
                        Charvel USA San Dimas
                        Jackson CS Dinky

Comment

Amen Brudda! They're almost the same...the necks on the MIJ models are a little more 'finished' looking...too bad..the USAs were perfect
                          Todd M

Comment

i was a Jem fan for years but once I got my first Pro Mod I dumped almost every guitar i had. I have three USA Pro Mods and three MIJ Pro Mods. I've also thrown a couple of mutts together from MIJ and MIA ebay Pro Mod parts and I'll say that i much prefer the
                            USA necks. just my preference but both are sweet guitars.

Comment

Working...
                            X