Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 2010 Charvel San Dimas

For my 200th post...

I've lusted after one of these USA Charvels since they first released them, and once they moved production to Japan, I've really been out to get one. Found this one, unplayed, still had the plastic protection on the pickups, including TSA case, for the same price as a new import costs. It's my first ever maple board guitar. I'm really diggin it. My very first guitar was the '87 Model 4, and this is my latest. My only two Charvels, the rest are Jacksons. I'll be posting another NGD in a second for the '90 Jackson Pro I picked up just days before this one.

My Charvel/Jackson Family

Slime is where its at, can't wait to pick up a so cal to go with the san dimas eventually.

Comment

Very nice!! Of course I'm partial since I have the same one

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
        I'll be posting another NGD in a second for the '90 Jackson Pro I picked up just days before this one.
        Guitar Hog

I have that same Backstage Plus amp... it is my first amp ever and I traded around ten years ago and finally got it back last year for $20... it a kickass little amp.

It was a gift to me and I just had to get it back...

Anyway Congrats on the New Axe Man!!!

sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

It was my first amp too...I haven't plugged it in for quite a while...who knows if it even still works. Just can't get rid of it since that's where it all began.

Comment

It was my first amp too...I haven't plugged it in for quite a while...who knows if it even still works. Just can't get rid of it since that's where it all began.
            Check out what I found here... http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80300053.pdf
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

I've actually got the original manual in physical form.

Comment

Nice guitar...I picked up a new guitar today too...but that's obviously not the subject here. What I did want to mention is that, there has been some talk about USA Pro-Mod values, and whether they would go up or not increase in value.
                Just so you know...you did well - if you got that guitar at the import price ($899), plus a TSA case!...reason I say this is...both Sam Ash and Guitar Center offered me $700 - 750 (GC and SA respectively) today for my Trans Kandy Gold San Dimas (2010). I was actually kinda floored when they offered this...considering how much they usually try to low-ball you on used gear. I figured they might offer 4-5 hundred at most...nope...700 plus. Considering I paid 900 for it a little over a year ago, and this isn't a private sale...but a trade...it's pretty clear that the USA models are retaining some value. How much this will continue is yet to be seen...but I was surprised.
                Anyway...seeing that you picked up a USA Pro-Mod today, I figured I'd share my experience.

Consequently, I ended up keeping mine...I really didn't want to sell it anyway..but I was curious. At 750 (Sam Ash), maybe I should've taken it Enjoy the new guitar
                Todd M

Comment

Nice axe. Love the green. Needs some double creams!
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Nice slimer!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Great color...

Comment

Those are sweet. I have toyed with picking one up.

My second amp was a Backstage Plus, and my third was a Randall RG-100 (carpet). :-)

Comment

Sweet. Guitars can never be too green in my opinion.

...and plus one on the Backstage Plus love. I got a total nostalgia rush seeing that. My first amp too. Nice link Nimitz!
                          http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

My so cal pro mod is my favorite. Has been for some time now! you'll enjoy that one! I am considering selling my '82 san dimas candy apple red with pointy head neck it's that good

Comment

I had the exact same one.

Sold it last year and I still regret it.
                              Only guitar I've ever sold that I really, really miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X