New 2003 models...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2003 models...............

Once more before the winter NAMM show...........does anyone have any info, rumors, leaks, etc. about anything NEW comming from Jackson? I know about some USA Charvels and a posible move of the import Charvels from Japan to Korea. Any info would be good info. It's just getting close and I have dollars burning holes in my pocket.

Thanks in advance.

(SARJ aka Jon Villalobos)

Re: New 2003 models...............

Just look for Pickgaurds on every thing

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

No strat heads. But lots of Tele-heads
        Don't forget about the Squire Jacksons

Comment

Thats not funny [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I asked about this the day the Fender news came out. The overall response was that Jackson would be extremely busy sorting things out, so the possibility of new stuff being shown off was minimal. Here's hopin though, cause I haven't heard much else about it

Comment

This NAMM all FMIC will have to show is the line-up that Kevin the Great had set-up and ready. The 2003 catalog and guitars can't be changed that quickly, FMIC are just going with what they got when they bought the company. NAMM 2004 is where we'll see the first of FMIC's influence and decisions.

Comment

Good ol' Kev. They really should credit him for his work before he left. If anyone's gonna be at the NAMM show post pics of the Jackson booth

Comment

the only one i know of is the one on the home sight, that is suppose to be a new model.........

Comment

That Speedloader thing.... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i heard theres new stuff but not much.

Comment

The future isn't looking so bright. Last year we had lots of inside info and even some pics of the prototype Charvels. I remeber right before the first Fender Buys Jackson post there was some info that leaked about most of us being realy happy about the Jackson/Cahrvel stuff. If I had a nickel for every 24 fret RR and one humbucker guitar on the wishlist, I could buy a custom shop Jackson to my specs. I'm hoping that we all see some of the stuff we have been asking for. Since there's no leaks I guess I'll drop it. I would like to see a post Fender Jackson anything right now. I am curious to see what they are gonna do. I keep hearing street level gossip about how FMIC is going to screw Jackson up and make it a sub standard guitar. I guess we will have to just wait and see.

Jackson forever..............SARJ

Comment

I know this is a little off the Jackson subject, but isn't Fender supposed to be comming out with something that's supposed to knock our sox off? A buddy of mine who has a shop here in town is a Fender dealer in Texas, but not here. He said there's rumor that Fender is going superstrat again and will be introducing some new stuff in the likes San Dimas-ish, Charvel-ish, one humbucker-ish, rear route-ish, Floydian things. That would be a kick in the butt if it is so. Alot of us Jackson/Charvel folk have been askin Jackson to do the very same thing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Maybe that's what Mike Shannon's been working on at Fender these last coupla years?

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

As has been mentioned above, Fender is still trying to figure out just what it is they have recently purchased and is trying to get all the production and distribution "fenderized". Whatever shows up at NAMM and anything new will be the work of Kevin Easton and Donnie Wade from when they were working for AMIC.

I've heard the rumor of Korean Charvels but I'd be very surprised to see that at this point. I don't think Kevin and/or Donnie would be that dumb. They know better, they've made that mistake before.

Maybe 6 months from now you might start seeing some changes from FMIC. That's what I'm curious to see. Fender already has their own Japanese plant and or course, facilities in Mexico. Time will tell...... but it's going to be awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X