Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capacitors and wiring diagram info needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitors and wiring diagram info needed.

I want the perfect setup so when I need a full on hum...I have it.....when I want a true strat single coil sound....I have it.

I have never had a true Strat, so I have never had to wire one. There are alot of schematics, but, I wanted your guys opinions.

Here is the setup:
    H-S-S ( Duncan Custom trem spaced, Duncan Alnico II Flat in neck and Duncan Alnico Flat Reverse in middle ), 500k Audio Taper on 1 Volume ( push-pull to split the coil ) and 2 Tones, Original Floyd Rose, 5 way switch, top loader on pickguard.

What capacitors for the tone?

Anyone have a schematic on how it should be wired? I imagine it is going to look like spaghetti under the pickguard with this configuration. -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Just ordered Orange .022 and .047 and will try them both out.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Heres a link with just about ever wiring option you could want - http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=q...ring_diagrams/
      it goes straight to the three pickups diagrams, there's also a bunch of others on the bottom left sidebar.

Comment

Thanks! It had what I was looking for. Went to many sites and they did not have the exact configuration. Then after I seen this, I eventually found it over at Duncan's site after overlooking it for 20 minutes. -Lou

Comment

I always thought a true strat was three single coils?

Comment

Working...
          X