Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kahler 2700 series string change and setup.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler 2700 series string change and setup.........

Hey all,

I'm setting up and changing the strings on my Charvel model 2 with a Kahler 2700 series trem. Ive never changed strings on a Kahler trem before and would like to know if there is anything I should know or look out for before I begin.

Thanks in advance.......pics in link below..........

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/Axegrinder22/?
    Last edited by Axegrinder22; 02-24-2011, 11:22 PM.

None of your pictures work.

Changing the strings couldn't be easier. I clip my strings in half. Unloosen the string locks in the back. Pull the ball end out the back. String the new string thru, get it strung up not locked, then lock the string at the back of the bridge.

Comment

Yep, nothing too crazy here. The 2700 is one of the easiest trems to change strings on IMO. You'll be a pro after the first time. Go for it.

Comment

Cool....thank ya both....

Comment

Remember to lock the strings in the saddles and center the fine tuners before you start tuning.
          If you don't lock the strings first, the tuning will go way flat when you do.

Adjustments

Saddle screws:
          !!!(Don't loosen the saddle screw too much, or the saddle will fly off)!!!
          If you want to adjust the string alignment, string spacing, intonation, or radius, you can loosen the saddles via Allen screws on the bottom side of the trem next to the bridge block.

To adjust the string radius:
          There are two small Allen screws on each saddle to adjust the individual saddle height. You have to unlock the string in the saddle to get to them. Loosen the saddle screw from underneath the trem before adjusting.

To set intonation:
          First loosen the saddle screw. Then adjust for sharp or flat via an Allen screw just under the saddle lock thumb screw.

Whammy bar tension:
          There should be a set screw in the treble side of the trem, next to where the whammy bar screws in. Tighten or loosen to adjust bar tension.

Pic of saddle screws, and If you look close, you can also see where the intonation screws are located. Just under where the string lock thumb screws are.

Also you can see the whammy bar module.
          The black plate bolted to the bridge block, that the whammy bar screws into.
          The trem pictured is for a recess mount. Notice the bridge block length as compared to the whammy bar module. On a surface mount trem, The block will not be even with the whammy bar module. the bridge block will be longer.
          Last edited by Tricky; 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM.
          Models
          The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
          I dont need furniture.
          If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
          If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
          And rock that sucker.

Comment

Just finished the string change. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The toughest part was figuring out that antique locking nut system. Much more involved than my Jackson DXMG.........

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X