Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Infinity Pro bridge pickup - J-92C or J-90C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Infinity Pro bridge pickup - J-92C or J-90C?

I recently got my hands on a Jackson Infinity Pro. The bridge pickup has been changed for a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon and I would like to reinstall the original pickup (if I can find one). The old catalogues on the Jackson website say it should be a J-92C. I haven't come across one of these for sale yet and I have not found much mention of this pickup. But, I have seen many examples of JC-90C's for sale and this pickup is discussed a lot in these forums. Does anyone know the difference? Is there a difference?

Many thanks,

George.

Cross-checking the two available catalogs containing the Infinity models, shows they came with the J-92C in the bridge position in both 1992 and 1993. I don't have the specs on the J-92C but being ceramic as the J-90C, both must be in the same category tone-wise. Jackson's words on the J-92C: "Smooth overdriven sound with a destinctive, crisp edge." I think the J-90C is balls out output while the J-92C is a bit more refined (less output).
    Last edited by jackson1; 02-24-2011, 05:00 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I haven't played a guitar with a J92C, but some people here really like them and say they are different from the J90C. The one thing I do know is they're hard to find, because they came out not long before Jackson quit making pickups. Here are a bunch of threads, some of which have some good info:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...e4c0cc530c3619

Comment

Thanks both

Comment

Working...
        X