Single Pickups are Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Pickups are Quiet

The single pickups on my Jackson Fusion are extremely quiet... they are original... are they supposed to be powered?

Newb ? I know... eat my butt
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

I don't know what you're talking about. I have a single pickup in my Sully and it ROARS! (Duncan Custom )

oh, you mean single coil pickups? Nature of the beast. Single coils just have less output than humbuckers. I have got around it in the past by stepping on a boost pedal when I flick to the sc's. That way I can enjoy my single-coil-tonedness, but not suffer a volume drop as a consequence
    Hail yesterday

Comment

If it's a USA Jackson Fusion they came with J200 singles. These are stacked singles so they are hum cancelling.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I assumed he meant the Fusion Pro in his sig. Pole pieces = J100s, don't they?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

A. Yes

B. I always shut sigs off on forums. They are silly.
          Blank yo!

Comment

yes Pro... what is weird is that my Charvel Fusion has no volume drop but these are just ridiculous... I mean they sound awesome but I really have to crank the amp... so I never use them.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Newb=Fail

Are you comparing the J100's in the Pro to the J200R single in your Deluxe? Not even in the same ballpark!

Look here, some pickups can be designed to be sweet sounding and low in output (J100s). Some pickups are designed to be balls out with high output and forget about cleans (J200R rails).

Everyone is after different tones, so there are a world of different pickups out there to be tried. Find out what you like and go for it.

Comment

also, if you have an EMG in the bridge, chances are the others aren't hooked up
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Well the pickups are definitely hooked up...

@ DonP I understand different pickups have different characteristics but trust me man if you played my Pro you would be like WTF is wrong here...

Before I had the 81 installed it had a DP100... and the singles sounded great plenty of volume and tone now they just sound like they are wired backwards or some shit.

I mean I have to turn my 5150 more than half way up to even hear them clearly... I just can't see that they would be that quiet... so I guess what I am looking for is an original Fusion Pro Wire Diagram...
                  sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

I think what is going on is that the single pickups are going through the EMG81 pot and that is why it sounds fraut... I have a 500k pot but it does not fit through the hole...
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

I guess you've never been told, but actives and passives doen't mix as you are finding out. The pots are different values, impedances are different, output levels are different. Just go get a pair of EMG-S or SA's. The S is still low in output compared to the 81, but they work together instead of against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                        Newb ? I know... eat my butt
                        Where's that facepalm thinggy?

It's "Bite my ass" or "kiss my butt" or "eat my shit"

"eat my butt" - what the hell does that supposed to mean?

Comment

its new... try it out for a while
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            "eat my butt" - what the hell does that supposed to mean?
                            Just ask Rsmacker...
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Bill always used to talk about ass eating, bless him.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X