Seymour Blackout issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Blackout issue

As posted in my thread in the USA Jackson section, got an XTRR that has a faulty hardwired Blackout bridge p'up. There is some sound/signal coming thru but it's weak and has no gain to it. When operating the toggle switch, the neck pup will come on full volume but the middle position (both p'ups) as well as the bridge position only provide a weak ass signal. I've checked the solder points in the control cavity and while everything looks okay, I am no expert in this area. Checked the input jack and that looks solid. The wire going into the p'up seems fine but again without a proper set of tools, I can't know for sure if the signal is being disrupted or what. Any suggestions as to what's going on?

Are the switch's contacts clean? You might want to connect the bridge hum to the neck hum's place on the switch and see if it comes in there, then you'd know. Easy fix, that was a cool guitar for sure.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Sounds like a battery problem to me, like the one pickup is not getting it's voltage.
      Check to make sure that the red wire from that pickup is securely connected to the red wire of the battery harness and that the pickup's ground wire is properly grounded.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Actually, it was a shorted pre-amp. Sadly, the whole p'up is encased in epoxy so, opening it up to fix the pre-amp is out. Gonna have to replace it. Kinda makes you wonder how a pre- amp shorts in transit:think:

Comment

Working...
        X