Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick up Q

OK here is my situation.
    I'm working on this guys Epi L.P. Std gold top.He wants a DiMarzio super D put in the neck and leave the stock Epi hum in the bridge.Not my choice but thats what HE wants.
    In the neck positon it sounds killer the stock Epi sounds great when in the bridge position.
    I installed an RS kit in this guitar years ago and all that is still in good shape.
    When in the middle switch position it gets real bright and tinny.
    I know the higher out put pick up will always suck some from the weaker pick up but man it sounds like shit to be honest.
    Tried a .015 cap in the neck just to see if that made it any better.I know if you have a woofie neck pick up this cap change cures that problem but nope not in this case.
    I did lower the super D a bit but now it has lost a lot of balls when in the neck position.
    Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this?What have you guys done to sort this out?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

My v got tinny in the bridge. It was a dirty switch
    This space for rent

Comment

I had that happen in a guitar that I changed only the bridge pup in also. Turned out that the Duncan I put in, when wired "normally" was out of phase with the stock pup. I wired it backwards and it sounded fantastic.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Good call Daily thanks.
        I looked at the paper that came with it and it said to do that.Funny I never look at those.LOL

Comment

Yay! I helped!

I can't seem to leave the wiring alone in any guitar I get. I have to do some sort of surgery or it just doesn't feel like it's "mine." Guess I have subconsciously learned things along the way.
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I'm the same way just have to tweak.
            Problem all fixed , sounds as good as an Epi can now

Comment

Working...
            X