Hot Rails vs Super Distortion S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails vs Super Distortion S

I have a SSS American Std strat, that I'd like to make more useful for the stuff our band is playing (mostly 80's rock and hair metal). I have a Duncan Lil '59 in the bridge now, but I need something higher output. My other guitars have EMG's (KV2, Gunslinger), or Super Distortions (Epi LP, Adrian Smith). I like the look of the SSS config, so I want to stay with a single coil-sized humbucker. Any opinions between the hot rails and the super distortion? Does the super distortion S sound pretty much the same as the full humbucker version? I can get the hot rails at the local MGR for $35, but I haven't seen ANY used super distortion S', so it would be almost double the price....hey I'm cheap! ..or do I just keep searching for the dimarzio?

Thanks!
    Pat

The quick answer is yes - the Super D S sounds like the Super D and the Hot Rails sounds like the Duncan Distortion. Super D - warm and round, Duncan D - Crisp and punchy, real hot
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know there was a "super distortion s"... I have a SDS-1 that I assumed stood for Super Distortion Single. It sounds like the same exact type of sound as the SD in the bridge but is a real single coil. I was wondering what Dimarzio single sized HB would work well with a SD. I may try the one you speak of.. Cool..
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Well, I picked up the Hot Rails...If I don't like it, I'll just return it, and wait for a Super Distortion to pop up....

Comment

Working...
        X