Factory Setup Specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Setup Specs?

Greetings everyone. I'm new here so go easy on me . I just bought a Rhoads RR5FR and was wondering if there was a factory spec sheet available as far as string height, pickup height, ect.. Also, I can't seem to find any info on the serial number. I know the RR5FR was a new model in 2008 so it can't be older than that, but it would still be nice to know exactly what year it is. Serial # 082798 Ivory w/Black pinstripes. Any info would be greatly appriciated.

I don't know about pickup height, but my Jackson manuals say that they set the strings at 1.5mm height from the bottom of the string to the top of the 12th fret at the factory.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ward

Comment

Got a hold of Fender and they emailed me a PDF with a handful of specs. 1.5mm on bass and treble for string height. And .020" neck relief at the 8th fret. Sounds like a lot of relief to me.

Comment

That's why you ignore spec sheets and set the guitar up for your own preference and specifications. I don't know anyone who would go by a factory setup anyway.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Agreed. That's why it didn't surprise me that they don't list pickup height, etc. All more of a personal preference thing to me. Also, in theory the shop you buy the guitar from would probably set it up to some degree, so you probably wouldn't even get it with the 'factory specs'. Although I have gotten one where the shop never touched it, so I probably got it with factory specs. I changed it immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by RedATAC View Post
              Got a hold of Fender and they emailed me a PDF with a handful of specs. 1.5mm on bass and treble for string height. And .020" neck relief at the 8th fret. Sounds like a lot of relief to me.
              What exactly is 'relief'?

Comment

Originally posted by advennt View Post
                What exactly is 'relief'?
                Good reading here young grashoppa...

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/r.../truss-rod.php

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  That's why you ignore spec sheets and set the guitar up for your own preference and specifications. I don't know anyone who would go by a factory setup anyway.
                  Understood. I've been playing guitar off and on for about 12 years (more on than off). After not playing for about 3 years and just now getting back into it again I decided to educate myself on setting up my own guitars. So being new at it, I figured factory specs would be a good starting point. If anyone has any pointers for someone new to setups, I'm all ears.

Comment

.020" wow you could walk under that.....a good rule of thumb is a business card thickness which is .004 to .006" depending on who's card you use.
                    http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Working...
                    X