Wiring Guru's. Flex your brain muscle with this puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Guru's. Flex your brain muscle with this puzzle

Ok. So i have a Charvel ST deluxe. which is basically a 4 single coil sized pup pickguard. so what i did is take those JC100's out. and put some Duncan STK1's which are 4 wire double stacked pups..

So if this was yours how would you wire it? ?

I have plenty of push/pull pots, on/on, on/off/on, and on/on/on DPDT switches as well..

Lets get crazy!

Is it laid out like H-S-S or H-H?

Personally I'd go for the traditional Series/Split/Parallel options with 4 mini-toggles, with a standard 5-way switch. Push-Pulls could be used to give you bridge+neck and/or bridge1/bridge2 options.

However, I don't think you'll really get the same type of parallel options with those stacks as you will with say a JBJr or standard humbucker, since those by design are set up so the bottom coil is for hum-cancelling more than volume doubling as with a side-by-side coil setup.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Since you have room why not stick in a reverse phase switch in, depending on how many pot locations you have will limit you on how many combinations of phase reversal you can do.

Comment

Why is it whenever I speak of reverse phase it kills a thread :dunno:

Comment

here is a shot of the pick guard before i took out the stock pups and the blade.
          Getting some good ideas. Like to get this thing off my table. Should be enough room to add another push/pull pot and loads of switches..

Comment

How bout some Brian may type wiring? many awesome tone available. Basically 3 single coils with on off for each pup, and phase in/out for each too. Then when you want a bridge humbucker, flip a switch somehow? Wonder if that'd work?
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

"loads of switches" sounds like a good idea on paper, but from my experience it's more trouble than it's worth.

Your best bet is to set up a few sample wirings to see what final wiring/tone options you want.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Use a super selector switch to link the pickups together in series to reduce the volume drop when you switch out.

Comment

Working...
                X