PICKUP replacement advice for Jackson USA SLS MG Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICKUP replacement advice for Jackson USA SLS MG Soloist

I just purchased a Jackson SLS MG Soloist and before I've even received it, I am trying to figure out what to replace the EMG EZ pickups with. I play a lot of metal and actually have a Duncan Distortion / Mayhem set, but I wanted to get advice from everyone else as to what they'd put in there. If I wanted the EMG 81/85 active set, would I be able to use the current wiring and pots? I appreciate any and all advice.

FYI - the SLSMG is Japansese, not USA. I've got a Tone Zone and GFS Dream 180 in mine, and they sound great.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yes, unfortunately I learned this after I won the auction and paid with Pay Pal. Normally, I do a lot of research, but I made a mistake here. I contacted the seller and put in a dispute with Ebay and Pay Pal, so I hope it works out. I really want a US made Soloist, I have a lot of really nice guitars and although this Jackson SLSMG is nice, it's not nice enough for me to warrant buying it. Hopefully the seller just refunds the money because he put Jackson USA in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
        I am trying to figure out what to replace the EMG EZ pickups with.

If I wanted the EMG 81/85 active set, would I be able to use the current wiring and pots? I appreciate any and all advice.
        EMG EZ??
        HZ probably

They are passive so they work on 500/250 Kohms pots, EMG actives work with 25k
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about the seller misrepresenting the guitar, but to answer your question, the HZs are passive, and thus use 500k/250k pots. You'd be able to keep the stereo jack and toggle switch if you went with active EMGs, but that's it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X