Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Tuna On Japan Pro Mod

Hello all!!
    Just wondering if a D-Tuna will work on the new Jap pro mod?? I've always wanted to try one but don't know if it will fit. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!!
    Jim

Wanna know too!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I might just get one and try it. I've got my Pro Mod set up for dive only. I'm guessing it will work, but I've been wrong before. If I get one I'll post my results here.
      Jim

Comment

Yes it will def work. I have installed 2 of them and they fit no problem. But Dont forget you have to block the tremolo or stabilize it.. Otherwise it will not stay in tune..

Comment

Thanks for the info Darktone!!! It's always better to know for sure rather than to roll the dice. I'm thinking a brass big block might be on the list too. I've got them on all of mine so far and to me is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Will have to measure up the original block to see if it's the same as the other Floyd blocks!!
          Jim

Comment

Just got the D-Tuna for my Pro Mod today. Was easy to install and works great. I had a little issue at first though, I was pushing it all the way in at first and was way sharp, after stopping when it kind of clicks all was good and could fine tune to the E. It's really very simple and easy to use!! Just thought I'd give you my update. Thanks again Darktone for your input!!
            Jim

Comment

Jim, did you block the Floyd?
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Yea BenoA. I've got all of mine blocked. It just makes things a lot easier.

Comment

I also just bought the D-tuna for my Pro-Mod. I've installed it without any issues but notice when I push it in (for standard E tuning) most of the other strings go flat which means the trem is being pushed down. I know I'm supposed to stabilize or block the trem to prevent this but I still want to dive bomb. What is the best method to stabilize the trem with that in mind? I didn't want to lose all functionality of the trem by installing this! I've looked at the Tremol-no as an option but will that totally cure it? Or can I just block the trem the old fashion way in front of the trem in the cavity and tighten the springs?
                  E = Fb

Comment

Axe - You can still dive bomb if you block the tremolo; you just can't pull up on the bar. Blocking it with a device like the tremolo stopper (floydupgrades.com) will achieve this. I actually found a similar device on ebay for much cheaper.

Comment

Having to set the FR for dive-only is the only reason I haven't used a d-tuna. I don't pull up, or even use the bar at all, much, but it bothers the shit out of me to have to limit the function of the trem. And I'm not installing any more gear in there. I like it the way it is and I'm used to fully floating Floyds. Oh well...I don't really play in dropped-D tuning anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X