Good shop(s) in CT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good shop(s) in CT?

Looking to have a few things done on a couple of my guitars. Mostly just setups and a good look over, but I do need some fret work done on one or two others.

I have heard lots of good things about Ken Nash in New London (http://www.theguitarmechanic.com), but he's only open Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm. Being in Milford, that's almost an hour drive each way, so I don't think I can make it up there before he closes during a normal work week.

Looking for something a bit more south with a good reputation.

I am taking my Conklin over to Jim Glinsky's shop in West Haven tonight. He is a member here
    Sambencuda
    I will report back. He's really good.

Comment

Not that it's any closer, but there is a guy in West Hartford that I just found. Does awesome work and is a nice dude, good prices too. His name is Steven Balkun. Builds strats in his spare time but he did a fret polish and set up on a floyd Jackson I have - damn good work.

If interested, PM me and I'll pass along his info.
      "What solace lies in the arms of fate"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll look up Jim and check out his place. It would be nice to find someone local that I can depend on.

One more question...anyone know anybody who works on amps? :P

Comment

I had a great time growing up in CT. Good times. Sadly, none of the old shops are still around, except maybe ECMM.

Comment

Working...
          X