Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 Swap

Hi everybody!
    In the two last weeks i found that my JT580 have a several problems with the stability.
    So i want to change the floyd rose, my 2 options is:-OFR or -Schaller.
    I don't know what of this two floyds will swap ok in my guitar...because i dont want to fit the guitar..
    Please help me with my decision...

PD:I have a Jackson DXMG, with the JT580 original(not the LP version).
    PD2: Sorry for my english, but i'm from chile.
    PD3: Sorry if the topic was resolved from another person, but i didn't found yet information for my special floyd JT580, i found for the LP version.

Thanks.
    Last edited by javier13javier; 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM.

Welcome, Javier!

Have you searched this topic on the forum yet? It's been covered a half dozen times...

Comment

Like TR said, it's been covered a lot.
      But to summarize, an OFR will drop right in ... no mods required. You can use the existing JT-580 trem posts and lock nut.
      -Rick

Comment

@Trussrod: I search alot in this forum, but the 99.9% of the JT580 Swapped was for Low profile version.
        I found this message from Jayster, i send a message to him and he give the idea to post this in the forum.

@rjhonstone:
        thanks for your answer.

Comment

Javi...is that a recessed JT580? I assume that's your concern for fit. I'm curious because I may want to install an OFR or Gotoh in my dk2.

I'd advise against the Schaller. IMO. The one I had worked and sounded great for about 10 years. After that everything came loose due to stripped holes. Soft-ass metal.

Comment

Thanks. I want the schaller because it's sees more solid but if the schaller don't fit right, i'm gonna put the OFR.

I need someone who's have a schaller in a JT580 cavity

I dont understand "IMO". What means?

Comment

A Schaller in a JT-580 route looks stupid.
              Go with the OFR.

"IMO" = "In my opinion"
              -Rick

Comment

I believe schaller upgraded its baseplate to steel instead of some urinal alloy

Now I'm not up to date on FR types, but if the 580 is the old schaller I thought an Original Floyd's saddlebolts extruded too far outwards?

Edit: so the JT580 is the Takeuchi licensed FR, then I retract my comment
                Last edited by Nightbat; 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM.
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I think theres two versions. The takeuchi(screw in bar) and the other(possibly schaller) screw on bar.

Comment

No, is a possibly Schaller version..not the takeuchi

Comment

JT590 is made by Schaller
                      JT580 and the JT580LP are/were made by Takeuchi.
                      There are other JT580's made by other manufacturers, but they all have similar specs.
                      -Rick

Comment

Yeah i only call it that cause i think thats the way its listed at audiozone. I could be wrong tho i didnt double check

Comment

I can say that my floyd rose is not the Takeuchi because the floyd dont have the logo like this floyd
                          http://www.audiozone.dk/tremolo/jt580-takeuchi01.jpg

Audiozone have the picture of my DXMG. http://www.audiozone.dk/tremolo/jt580new-01.jpg

Whatever.. i think that i will put the OFR
                          Last edited by javier13javier; 02-06-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by javier13javier View Post
                            Thanks. I want the schaller because it's sees more solid but if the schaller don't fit right, i'm gonna put the OFR.

I need someone who's have a schaller in a JT580 cavity

I dont understand "IMO". What means?
                            As I stated in my original mail to you Javier, it will be slightly offset(possibly 1/16" +or-). Since I was answering on my phone, I thought someone in here could help you out. There's a lot of guys who know way more than I do. It will sit in the route tighter on the treble side, but still function properly(just an issue of if it bothers you).

IMO= In My Opinion

Cheers and rock on Javier
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                            X