What is and what it does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is and what it does

I have been seeing something on youtube called a MIDI and it sounds really cool. I have seen a picture and it looks like a plastic box added on to the front. Do they make these things to where there hidden in the cavity? What exactly is the device and what does it do? Im not trying to ask a stupid question i would just like some pictures and info on how they work and cost!

Not sure what the particular device is that you're referring to, but MIDI is a type of connection. It's an acronym for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. Lots of keyboard and other musical instruments have a MIDI port for connecting to computers and other MIDI-enabled devices.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/115...synth-for-sale.
      This what you're talking about?
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

i saw a guitar on Youtube that had a midi connection when he pluged into it he flipped a switch on his guitar and it had some crazy ass sounds. here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn9wpcaESww

Comment

-Buy Midi Guitar pickup
          -Buy Midi Guitar Synthesizer
          -Buy extra amp (Hi-fi/Keyboard)
          -Install
          -Connect
          -play
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinofcharvel View Post
            That was nice; I wonder who that guy is or if he's on JCF.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

all knobs and no big plastic pieceon the front looks good

Comment

Pretty cool I enjoyed that.
                I can get that pretty much on my Intellifex but have to remember which buttons to push on the foot control.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It says in the description that it is a Roland 13 pin synth GK-KIT-GT3 that is installed in the guitar.
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

My old RP-12 had most of those sounds.. Cool to screw with I guess..
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                    X