+1 for the Duncan Custom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for the Duncan Custom!

I just installed one of the SH-5s that I picked up from Rich#6 here, the thing is AWESOME! Its in an RR5 that had an invader previously.

Trust Sully on these things - they're awesome!!

P.S. Is this where pickup discussion should go? Maybe pickups should be added to the subtext of one of the sections here.

Yeah I've got one in my 1 hum San Dimas and it kicks sone tail.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I love the Customs....but, I love the Customs Customs a little bit more. Especially in an LP. -Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

The CC roars in my ESP Horizon. But I don't have a regular Custom-I'd like to get one someday.

Comment

Jury's still out for me on the Custom. I have 3 very similarly built guitars (all maple neckthru with poplar wings only difference are tone knobs and caps). One with Dimarzio SD (500K tone and .022, one with a JB (no tone or cap), one with a Custom (500K tone and .047). Order of appeal as of right now is SD, JB, Custom. I don't not like it, just not as much as the others as it is.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Glad you like!

Comment

I toldja!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                I toldja!
                Still digging the Alternative 8, Sully?

I've got one on the way... Looking forward to trying it out, don't know what it's going in yet, though. :think:

Comment

I am, indeed. Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference between them. I believe that the 8 is more suited to the downtuned stuff, so I'll have to give that a shot.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, not much diff in the alnico 8 magnet compared to a ceramic. Great pickups all around.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Try throwing an alnico 8 in a Custom (or Custom Custom or Custom 5....they're all the same wind).

Comment

+1 for Custom! I swapped the Alternative 8 for the Duncan Custom in my ESP M-II and love it! I don't think they're very similar at all - the Alt8 is rounder and beefier if not a tad disoriented while the Custom provides a very thick and focused tone, lotsa grind and presence. Perfect for my tastes. I installed the Alt8 in an Ibanez RG570 and it works great right there. The Alt8 boosted the inherently thin sound of the Wizard bolt-on neck and the middle-y snarl of the basswood body into a punchy and bassy overdrive. Didn't work very well with drop or open C tunings though.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                          I am, indeed. Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference between them. I believe that the 8 is more suited to the downtuned stuff, so I'll have to give that a shot.
                          Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          Yeah, not much diff in the alnico 8 magnet compared to a ceramic. Great pickups all around.
                          Cool. I am using some JB's with ceramic magnet swaps in a couple of guitars and I don't notice much of a difference between that and a Custom, either.

I do look forward to trying it though!

Comment

OK. I just played my Soloist with the Custom for about 2 hours... really fucking loud... and I have a headache... But jury's in and it's awesome... Different flavor than the Super Distortion and way smoother...
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                            X