• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anybody help me identify this Seymour Duncan

Black humbucker, 1 row screws, 1 row flat, no seymour duncan lettering
    seymour duncan engraved on the back of course
    and a small white sticker reading "DDJ"
    so far all ive come up with is that its a duncan distortion of some sort but im not 100%
    any help is much appreciated
    thanks
    -john

Or duncan designed jazz?

Comment

Duncan Distortion wound my MJ. It's a "good one"

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        Or duncan designed jazz?
        Shaddup, you!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if it were a duncan designed im sure DDJ would actually stand for "Duncan Designed Junk"!
          Duncan Distortion wound by Michael Jackson?!?! wow!! kidding : )

so it is infact a distortion then? ive heard of the MJ wound distortions actually, apparently they sound a little different to a regular distortion? it does sound great either way, it'll most likely be going into my next project idea : )
          thanks guys

Comment

Yes, a Distortion, wassamatta, don't believe Don P ?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
              if it were a duncan designed im sure DDJ would actually stand for "Duncan Designed Junk"!
              I have the DD103 in my Kelly, its the best sounding p/u I own. The competition it has are a real JB, EMG HZ-H4, and the stock actives in the new V(which sound damn good for actives, theyre in 2nd place). Id trade a JB or Duncan Distortion for the Duncan Designed DD103 any day.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                so it is infact a distortion then? ive heard of the MJ wound distortions actually, apparently they sound a little different to a regular distortion? it does sound great either way, it'll most likely be going into my next project idea : )
                thanks guys
                DD means Duncan Distortion. The J is the initial of the person who wound it, which would be Maricela Juarez... she's Seymour's leading lady. It really shouldn't sound any different than any other.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it shouldn't, but it will.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    I have the DD103 in my Kelly, its the best sounding p/u I own. The competition it has are a real JB, EMG HZ-H4, and the stock actives in the new V(which sound damn good for actives, theyre in 2nd place). Id trade a JB or Duncan Distortion for the Duncan Designed DD103 any day.
                    I'll high 5 you there Twich. I have the same set in my KE3/DK1 and they sound great. My best thrash metal pickup set.

Comment

I have a DDJ but it's a zebra so it's got twice the mojo. If only it were double cream

I haven't wired up the DDJ, but I don't expect it to sound like the HB103B. I'd expect it to be a little less smooth and a little more obnoxious. It's waiting for a solid maple Lynch project I need to finish.
                      Last edited by DonP; 01-26-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        I have a DDJ but it's a zebra so it's got twice the mojo. If only it were double cream

I haven't wired up the DDJ, but I don't expect it to sound like the HB103B. I'd expect it to be a little less smooth and a little more obnoxious. It's waiting for a solid maple Lynch project I need to finish.
                        haha! obnoxious sounding pickups. love it!

Comment

Working...
                        X