Pedal Order ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Order ?

hi , my question is the order of the pedals I have ? let me start by giving the lineup I currently use, then please give input/advice. also pedals to add to my line up. from my guitar i'm pluged into my (1) boss tu-2 tuner, then (2) mxr distortion 3, (3) mxr script phase 90,(4) mxr carbon copy delay (my favorite pedal), (5) vox wah-pedal from the wah to my vox-night train amp head w/marshall 1960b cab.. any thoughts??

Wah first
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

after tuner?

Comment

Originally posted by RHOADS4EVR View Post
        after tuner?
        Nah - I'd run the tuner later. I always want guitar -> wah -> whatever after that
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Kool, thanks for input .

Comment

I'd run into the tuner first then the wah, but it's all preference. Also, wah after distortion is fine, but it just sounds a little different than in front of it. Experiment and see what sounds best to you. You'd be better off using the phaser and delay in an effects loop, if you have one, but they're fine the way you have them now if you don't.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I go wah->tuner->overdrive/distortion->amp then eq->chorus->delay in the loop, if that's any help.

As Joe said, you can put the wah after the distortion but it is a totally different sound. Most players prefer wah before distortion. Experimentation is always good.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

THANKS! for all the input! I will try the wah. after the tuner, and then all the other pedals.I like to play heavy stuff (metal) any other suggestions on my pedal board ? I've used youtube to check out some stuff . But its one of those things YOU DON't know until you try it out with your own setup, guitar , amp other pedals? So thanks again !! appreciate all input, thats why I joined the forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I'd run into the tuner first then the wah, but it's all preference. Also, wah after distortion is fine, but it just sounds a little different than in front of it. Experiment and see what sounds best to you. You'd be better off using the phaser and delay in an effects loop, if you have one, but they're fine the way you have them now if you don't.
                  with the distortion pedal up front, i'm assuming there is no loop on the amp... but whether the phase/delay are in or out of the loop is moot, just as long as they're after distortion, either from a pedal (running them up front) or the amp (the loop) it is the same desired effect
                  Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
                    with the distortion pedal up front, i'm assuming there is no loop on the amp... but whether the phase/delay are in or out of the loop is moot, just as long as they're after distortion, either from a pedal (running them up front) or the amp (the loop) it is the same desired effect
                    It is not the same desired effect. Time-based effects will do fine out front, but they actually sound better/different in a loop.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X