Question regarding neck swap??? KV STB Locking nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding neck swap??? KV STB Locking nut

I have a KVX10 that I want to put a DKMG neck on, my KV is the older TOM string thru body, will I have problems using a locking nut without fine tuners?? I know the first floyds didn't have fine adjust tuners, soooo...??

I was looking for a TOM bridge that has fine tuners, I know they make fine tune tail-pieces, but are there bridges with fine tuners, pref one that I can still string thru body...

I guess the obvious is to turn the guitar into a TOM/TP, but I'd like to try not to do that if possible.

Also, anyone know a way to fix the neck dive issue of the KVx10, I've heard of moving the strap button placement, but where??

The guitar hasn't been played (or had strings/pickups on it) for 5 plus years, so I had an epiphany, I use to love the guitar, but I can't stand playing it cuz of the neck dive, and I've neglected it because of this, and want to replace the neck.

Thank you my JCF brothers for any advice/experience you can offer.
    Wish I could add Pics to this thing!!

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
    I was looking for a TOM bridge that has fine tuners, I know they make fine tune tail-pieces, but are there bridges with fine tuners, pref one that I can still string thru body...

I guess the obvious is to turn the guitar into a TOM/TP, but I'd like to try not to do that if possible.

Also, anyone know a way to fix the neck dive issue of the KVx10, I've heard of moving the strap button placement, but where??
    Try this: http://guitar-bridge.com/hp193108/Gu...da92b9915X40fa

I am not aware of any other bridges that combine the tailpiece with the bridge.

About the neck dive issue, try a strap made of leather or another coarse material. You may find that you don't need to move the strap button. I use Dimarzio cliplocks and never had problems with my king v.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Allparts has conversion nut for floyd.

http://www.allparts.com/ABM-Ebanol-N...n-0624-023.htm

Comment

This-is-relevant-to-my%C2%A0interests.jpg

I'm considering putting a DXMG neck on my KVX10...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X