Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am thinking about a Custom and I hand the specs to you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking about a Custom and I hand the specs to you guys!

So, I am interested in a Custom Charvel. I have been less interested in playing metal lately and want a guitar more at home doing rock than my Jacksons. That said, I will probably have to sell something to pay for this guitar, so you guys better make it worth it.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Mahogany body, ______ neck, Two Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs and a string-through, any finish (Burst?)

Help me out. Make additions, swap some of my stuff out, change the body wood, whatever you like. If I like your idea I might just order the guitar you spec out.

The only rule is no cockdragon, stabbed poo or tentacle rape. Or space rape. Serious responses only!
    I like EL34s.

I don't like string through - so I would delete that option. I would go with at least a v-trem.

Mahagony body with natural finish

Maple neck, ebony fingerboard, strat head

Brass V trem

Dimarzio PAF Neck, Super Distortion Bridge
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Get a Music Zoo Charvel Natural. I have lots of Jackson and Charvels over the years, and these are the best of either I've ever had. Great resonance, fantastic neck, great sound, and pretty inexpensive for the quality, IMO. Good luck!

Comment

Mahogany body with a turtleneck.

Oh, you said serious responses only. Well, too damn bad.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          Get a Music Zoo Charvel Natural. I have lots of Jackson and Charvels over the years, and these are the best of either I've ever had. Great resonance, fantastic neck, great sound, and pretty inexpensive for the quality, IMO. Good luck!
          I was thinking along the same lines. The MZ naturals are great bang for the buck as long as you like "unfinished" wood.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I would go with something like this. I just got this one for my birthday and have not looked back. The best guitar i have ever owned.

If you can score some old duncan 59's toss those in.

Comment

If I were you, I would narrow it down by looking at many guitars and see what really grabs you. Thats like asking us to pick out your new car! Everybody likes something different. There are SO many factors to consider. What style do you play? DO you like skinny or fat necks, wide or narrow? Do you prefer paint, trans finish, graphic or figured tops? 21,22, or 24 frets? Do you like a single pickup, H-S-S, H-H or H-S-H? Do you use a Floyd? Do you drop tune?

You see, there are SO MANY factors to consider here..
              John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
                If I were you, I would narrow it down by looking at many guitars and see what really grabs you. Thats like asking us to pick out your new car! Everybody likes something different. There are SO many factors to consider. What style do you play? DO you like skinny or fat necks, wide or narrow? Do you prefer paint, trans finish, graphic or figured tops? 21,22, or 24 frets? Do you like a single pickup, H-S-S, H-H or H-S-H? Do you use a Floyd? Do you drop tune?

+1

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post

I know, I've got a custom Jackson, I'm just gathering opinions. I don't want to default to what I would do, I'd rather have some options given by people with different tastes and go "hmm, I see the value in that, good idea".

For the record, I really like the sound of Grandturk's so far. The idea of a vtrem didn't occur to me at first.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

So I'm thinking think you should TOTALLY get a...

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    The only rule is no cockdragon
                    ...a...uh...nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
                      I would go with something like this. I just got this one for my birthday and have not looked back. The best guitar i have ever owned.

If you can score some old duncan 59's toss those in.
                      This with one more fret.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        This with one more fret.
                        Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                          I agree. I keep going back to my TMZ Koa. The neck's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoBaretta View Post
                            Like this?
                            Very nice.

Comment

Nice looking guitars. What have you decided?
                              CHUCK

Comment

Working...
                              X