DXMG body + Stealth Pro neck = ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG body + Stealth Pro neck = ????

I own a 1992 Jackson Stealth Professional neck and just ordered a Jackson DXMG body. Can I use this Stealth Pro neck with the DXMG body? The DXMG neck is 24 fret and my Stealth Pro neck is 22 fret, but both are 25.5 inch scale.

NO! NO! NO!

22 Fret necks with 22 fret bodies and 24 fret necks with 24 fret bodies is a must. You can try it, you might get lucky and you might not.
    Originally posted by Dirty Harry
    you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
    Last edited by DonP; 01-17-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I didn't think it would work, but my friend swears that if both necks are 25.5 inches and it's getting a new bridge, all you have to do is set the intonation.

Comment

put your 25.5" scale 22-fret next to a 25.5" scale 24-fret neck and see if you don't notice a difference immediately. the heel pocket is closer to the bridge on a body made for a 24-fret neck to accommodate the added length and still remain 25.5" overall from nut to saddle. you will never be able to get the intonation set correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
          I didn't think it would work, but my friend swears that if both necks are 25.5 inches and it's getting a new bridge, all you have to do is set the intonation.
          With JACKSONS and CHARVELS, this is not true. It may be true of other brands.

Comment

As DonP states, some guitar brands just extend the fretboard for the extra 2 frets so either a 24 neck or 22 fret neck will work fine. Jackson and Charvel 24 fret necks are are not built in this fashion. The distance between the bridge and the fretboard will be off and it will not intonate.

Comment

Working...
            X