Which guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which guitar?

Hi, I'm new here. I been playing guitar for 1year but I'm pretty good. I plays alot of Metallica and Megadeth. I was looking to get a new guitar because my current guitar (bc rich nj warlock) is not that good. I was looking to either buy the Jackson Ke3, ESP ltd ex351, Ibanez RG570, or ESP ltd deluxe m-1000. If you guitar experts could please help me out i'd greatly appreciate it. My price range is anything under 700$ If you guys could tell me like other Jackson guitars that our GREAT for the money and beat the **** out of the ones I listed I'd apreciate it too soo much. Cya, and keep shredding!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Which guitar?

For under $700, you could get a Jackson DK-2, DXMG, or DKMG brand new, which are all great guitars.

Comment

Or, scour Ebay for a second hand Soloist, or any other USA Jackson, you will love it.

Comment

Oh, wouldnt the M-1000 be better than a DK2, DKMG, etc... Since its nechthru, EMG, abalone binding, original floyd, etc... Its 799$. I was sorta leaning to buying the Ibanez since its only $399, but I really dont know anything about the pickups or tremolo since i'm not big on my Ibanez knowledge. I was thinking about getting a Ke3 but I see a lot of post saying that the stock duncan desinged suck. I just want to know the BEST guitar based on specs (like great, pickups, hardware, wood, craftsmanship) under 900$

Comment

get that KE-3 and put in some great pups?

Comment

Have you checked out the sl-3? It's the cheapest "new" Jackson neck-thru I know of.
            http://www.onlinestagegear.com/pages-guitars/SL3.html

If you shop at the right places the Jackson imports are a pretty good value.

Comment

A used USA bolt-on Jackson beats the living sh!t out of a new neckthrough ESPee.
              Don't waste the time or money on ESPee - all their designs are copies of Jackson originals (Soloist, Dinky, King V).

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$700 in the used market opens up alot of options USED USA jacksons USA Richs USA hamers all far superior to esps & ltds IMO. & if u want to be like Kirk u could probably get a used m-2 custom(neckthru) for $700 & still have some $ to play with.

Comment

You could also try the Jackson SLSMG, although I'm not sure what they are selling for new. You might also want to consider a Schecter. It's not to say that LTD and Ibanez don't have some decent guitars, but you might as well buy a Samick or Cort.
                  sigpic

Comment

The M-1000 is a great guitar.. if you can afford it I'd get it.. otherwise I highly recommend the Jackson DXMG. It looks like Kirk Hamsters guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] kinda.. haha. No seriously, it's great value for money

Comment

New? Then:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=Traditional

Musician's Fiend is selling black ones for $699 right now. More for transparents, though. ...Not recommending MF, BTW.

Used? Then, yep, find yourself an older USA Soloist or such. Can't go wrong, especially at those prices. Lots of stuff on E-bay in that range.

Comment

Working...
                      X