Roland GK3 Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland GK3 Pickup

I've seen the new GR-55 guitar synth, but am concerned I may not be able to adapt one of my Warriors. Fitting the GK pickup between the OFR and the bridge pickup shouldn't be a problem. It's having to fit a 13-pin socket and where the odd looking 2-socket thingy will sit on the body. If I am gonna do this, I want it to be completely reversable. Thoughts?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I got a GK3 and was hoping to fit it on one of my Fusions but the controls were too big and wouldnt fit where I wanted them without catching on the trem. Ended up fitting it on my LP. Never tried it on the Warrior though.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I tested it out on my Warrior Pro for you. The pickup doesn't fit between the slanted pickup and the Schaller Floyd, but that might not be an issue on one of your WR1s. The issue is that the strap pin that you use to hold the controls on is too far away and there isn't a long enough lead to get the pickup where it needs to be. I'm not sure whether or not the WR1 strap pin is located in the same place. The controls can be mounted with double stick tape I suppose, but with the odd rear end shape of the Warrior, I couldn't find a suitable location that would work.

I just bought a beater fixed bridge guitar to use as my synth guitar.
      Last edited by BayRocker; 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM.
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I believe some manufacturere makes piezo/midi floyds (or saddles for them)
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
          I tested it out on my Warrior Pro for you. The pickup doesn't fit between the slanted pickup and the Schaller Floyd, but that might not be an issue on one of your WR1s. The issue is that the strap pin that you use to hold the controls on is too far away and there isn't a long enough lead to get the pickup where it needs to be. I'm not sure whether or not the WR1 strap pin is located in the same place. The controls can be mounted with double stick tape I suppose, but with the odd rear end shape of the Warrior, I couldn't find a suitable location that would work.

I just bought a beater fixed bridge guitar to use as my synth guitar.
          Thanks for trying it out on yours. The strap pins on WR1's and Warrior Pro's are in the same place. So the cable from control thingy to pickup isn't long enough? Pah! Seems Roland designs these things for "hair metal" players (check out the GR-55 advert), but assumes everyone plays a friggin strat or Les Paul
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
          X