DropTune Pedal and tunings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DropTune Pedal and tunings

Hey everyone...I am a bit of a newb so please bare with me.

I was looking at the Drop TUne pedal by Morphesus. I understand how it works and whatnot but I am confused to their terminology.

They say it drops your tuning full and half steps from the standard tuning.

But what does that mean exactly?

I want to be able to get tunings in drop D and E flat (like slash)......are those possible with the pedal?

Thanks!

Yes, it will do those tunings. It's a polyphonic tuner, which means you can drop tune without actually retuning the guitar itself. I haven't tried one, but read about it when it first came out.
    The same/similar results can be had by using the pedal bend feature on my Boss GT-10, so I saw no need to buy the Morpheus.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have the Morpheus pedal. It doesn't do drop D. Drop D is just dropping the low E string to D. The pedal won't drop just one string but rather all of them. So your whole guitar would be effedctively tuned down a whole step to D. Thats the tuning on a lot of Motley Crue stuff. Drop D is more like Van Halen Unchained.
      Still a cool pedal because you can use one guitar and play stuff in Standard, Eb, and D tunings which covers most 80's songs
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Does the Morpheus pedal track pretty accurately? I had a Digitech Whammy/Wah with a drop-tune function that was terrible, but I'd really like to get something like this if it can keep up.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
            Does the Morpheus pedal track pretty accurately? I had a Digitech Whammy/Wah with a drop-tune function that was terrible, but I'd really like to get something like this if it can keep up.
            Yeah, from the demos I've heard, it sounds just like the real thing. I prefer to just downtune with heavy strings though.

Comment

hmm. Suspicious

Am I the only one who remembers what happens when you have a slightly incorrect intoantion with the old Boss Harmonizer pedal?

Is this new contraption really any better.

Anyway, I am deeply suspicous of any product that removes the need for you to own 6 guitars (2 in each of your favourite tunings)

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                Anyway, I am deeply suspicous of any product that removes the need for you to own 6 guitars (2 in each of your favourite tunings)
                That's great!

Comment

Working...
                X