replacement arm for JT580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement arm for JT580LP

I have a JT580LP on my Jackson. It stays in tune beautifully... but the trem arm is wobbly - has some free play in it. I've tried to fix it with various home remedies... it's better, but I can't seem to cure it completely.

Would one of these replacements fit? If so, which one?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...=Specs#details

yes,

Comment

which one?

there are 2 bars there with slightly different measurements.

Comment

Either or. Youll be replacing the collar too so it really doesnt matter. The top one may be a tight fit but once u tighten the allen screw it ahould pull tight. Remove the collar assembly and measure it. It is the screw on and not screw in type right?

Comment

screw on.

this one...

Comment

Either or then. Id go with the bigger but i dont have a jt580lp equipped guitar atm. Well i do bit its the screw in type. Best bet is to just measure yours. I got a smaller one once and tho it fit, i had to make sure the screw was super tight or it would become wobbly and id have to retighten.

Comment

coolio.

I emailed StewMac and they also suggested that the larger diameter would probably be the better fit.

I guess I'll just have to measure to be sure. But the differeneces are so small, I might not be able to measure accurately enough.

My problem could certainly be that the collar in the bridge is the larger, while my bar is the smaller. The bar I have is definitely not the original one.

Comment

rebar71.....did you end up picking this up? And how's it fit/work for ya?

Thanks,
                Darren

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually in the same boat and would like to know how it turned out as well...
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I haven't bought it yet. I'll probably get it in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
                      I haven't bought it yet. I'll probably get it in a couple weeks.
                      Ah, ok. Cool. By the way, did you say that StewMac recommended going with the "double-locking" trem which has the bigger diameter and is about half the price of the other one they carry?

Comment

I just double-checked the email from them. I obviously mis-read it because their recommendation is for 1269 - which is the smaller - more expensive - one. I just need need to measure what I have and order based on that.

I just measured with the crappy little ruler I have... looks like my insert collar is just a hair over 6mm, while my bar is a hair under. I also check the collar into the trem fit and there is some play - although you don't notice that play when the screw underneath is tightened . So - in the end it really probably doesn't matter which one I get since you are getting both the bar and insert/collar.

The 1269 has a slightly smaller diameter bar, but the external diameter on the insert is slightly larger. So maybe I'll go with that one even though it's more. The rest of the dimensions for that bar look better to me. I don't like how high my current bar sits either, and that one should sit lower according to the measurements. In addition, the tolerances appear to be tighter overall on that one - and maybe that's why it's more expensive.

FWIW, my guitar did not come with the bar when I got it used. The one I have came out of a miscellaneous parts bin at Guitar Center.
                        Last edited by rebar71; 02-06-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the details man!

Comment

You're welcome.

I just ordered the 1269 replacement arm/collar. I'll be sure to post up here on how it fits when I get it.

Comment

Thanks, we appreciate that!
                              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X