X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to avoid bridge from rust..

Hi there people!

I have a Jackson DK2M made in japan and i want to know a lot
    how to prevent its bridge from rusts (oxidation/corrosion).

I am a fixed bridge user and this is my first time to have a locking bridge axe
    and i want to have some tips and any suggestions how to maintain it and the
    other hardware from rust. Thanks!

by the way im new here in this forum, im from Philippines..

It a bridge is rusty the odds are it's from the players sweat. prevention, don't sweat or at least wipe the guitar dry after playing.

Comment

Some WD40 and a toothbrush work great for me every once in a while, but be careful to stay off the finish when using WD40.
      Other than that wiping it off might be a really good idea.

There's not much you can do. You could have a special diet to make your sweat less agressive, but I doubt it's worth it.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        It a bridge is rusty the odds are it's from the players sweat. prevention, don't sweat or at least wipe the guitar dry after playing.
        thanks. i don't sweat that much, can the weather affect it?

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
          Some WD40 and a toothbrush work great for me every once in a while, but be careful to stay off the finish when using WD40.
          Other than that wiping it off might be a really good idea.

There's not much you can do. You could have a special diet to make your sweat less agressive, but I doubt it's worth it.
          Thanks! How can i apply the WD40? Is it okay to just brush it without the WD40?
          I think it is also depends on the acid level of the sweat am i right?

Well my other guitar (fixed bridge) has only slight oxidation on it and i played it for more than 5 years.

Comment

WD40. Brushing it without WD40 won't do any good! WD stands for "W"ater "D"isplacing. In other words, it keeps water and rust away.

Is one bridge Chrome and the Other black or something else??? Chrome does NOT rust. It's used to protect metals that do rust. You only get rust on Chrome when the water has gotten behind the Chrome through cracks or lack of good plating or has rubbed off (like on corners and edges).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              WD40. Brushing it without WD40 won't do any good! WD stands for "W"ater "D"isplacing. In other words, it keeps water and rust away.

Is one bridge Chrome and the Other black or something else??? Chrome does NOT rust. It's used to protect metals that do rust. You only get rust on Chrome when the water has gotten behind the Chrome through cracks or lack of good plating or has rubbed off (like on corners and edges).
              Oh i see. Yup. The other one has Chrome hardwares and my Jackson DK2M is Black.

Comment

Working...
              X