painting pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting pickups

hey i just got a jackson ke1f and it has this really ugly ass colored dimarzio x2n. i love the pickup but i hate the color. would i be able to spray paint it with out it getting screwed up? might be a silly question but worth finding out just in case thx

They sell Coil Toppers on ebay. Paint might work as well, clean with Naptha first and rough up with 320 so the paint will stick.

Comment

It's no problem to the pickups if you paint them, just don't glob it on there, apply thin until you get the desired color:
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

alright yeah i was just going to paint it flat black unless i could trade it for a Seymour Duncan TB4 but i doubt i would be able to haha o well thanks

Comment

What color is it? Pic?
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Here ya go Warlok:
            Nice score, by the way. LOVE Kellys!

Last edited by DalyTek; 01-06-2011, 07:33 PM.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I love that Kelly!

Comment

thanks dudes i love it too

Comment

First, I really, really am not a fan of cream colored pickups.. However, in the pic, that cream matches the binding and looks pretty good IMO. That Kelly is pretty damn sweet!!
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                  X