'87 Soloist Single coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '87 Soloist Single coils

The slots aren't cut for fender styles. What is a good single coil that has high output and can be used as a neck pickup. Possibly one that handle distortion well? Right now i have the in house pups in my s/s.

Dimarzio and duncan both offer tab-less single coils. So you can get pretty much whatever they offer - you just need to special order them.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

what would you recommend? is possible to mod a strat style to be a straight edge?

Comment

Possible, sure. Easy. Nah.

Are you looking for a hot single coil sound or a humbucker sound?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I use the duncan hot rail and was thinking of trying the lil demon. The wire comes out the side(no tab tho) so i had cut the leads short, pulled off the outer tucked the leads under and ran an extension 2wire lead out to the controls since i have no intentions of splittin coils. Didnt know u could get em ordered....woulda saved me some time.

Comment

Well seeing as I have a Duncan distortion in the bridge, Maybe something that's good for cleans but still has the output to match the volume of the distortion.

Comment

To get an EMG-S in one of those routes, I've taken a dremel and made a channel in the bottom of the route. Not visable from the top or when loaded with a pickup.

Comment

Isnt the s ative tho

Comment

Yeah it is. What would you recommend for a neck pickup? Duncan wise I was looking at the Cool rails, hot rails, vintage stack or classic stack.

Comment

As i said i have a hot rail right now. It sounds good but when switching to the x2n the dimarzio is way louder. Tho it doesnt really matter since u usually use 2 different channels/patches so the difference is easily remedied. I think it would work well for you. Maybe the lil 59.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                      Isnt the s ative tho
                      Yes, it is active.

My point was that if you have issues with a middle wire like that it might take a little dremel work to get it to fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X