Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got a DXF file for a pointy headstock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a DXF file for a pointy headstock?

I recently acquired a Charvel DR3. The guitar is fine........EXCEPT the wood is busted off,exposing about 40% of the high "E" tuner shaft. Got a GREAT deal on it,BUT I'm gonna need a Drawing or .dxf file to make a replacement chunk of wood to fix it. Any ideas or help?

ALL help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the missing wood DID NOT come with the guitar. The guy said that he didn't know what happened to it.:think:

Heck ,I'd take even a great blueprint type drawing or even a dimension-correct photo at this point!

Comment

Depending on how much has broken off, all you need is a piece of wood, glue, tools and a good eye

How about a pic of the damage?
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Well,the wood,glue..and tools are no problem...The "eye"" could be! The last time I tried to "freehand" something on a guitar repair,the results were well....not too good. That's why I thought If I could get something with measurements, could at least be able to write a program at work for use with a CNC router so I KNOW the work would at least be precision-cut. Unfortunately,my Kung-Fu is not that strong to do this task by hand! 8-)

Yes, I will try to get the photos up here tonight.......after my daughter decides to bring the damn thing back!!!!

Comment

If you have another J/C on hand, measure or trace and make a template.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

What Twitch said; trace the headstock outline by hand and then scan it at 300dpi. Then open it up in whatever CAD program you're using and trace around the outline in vector.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Wow! Cool! I'll try the tracing,and then scan it into Alphacam in vector and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
              X