guitar scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar scale

Other than distance , what are the characteristic differences between a 25.5" scale and a 24.5 " scale guitar? I've read of lighter string tension and easier bends for the 24.5 "- Any other things to consider?

24 3/4" requires less tension on the same diameter string to reach the same pitch.

Some things you may notice:

- The pickups are in different spots so they hear the string differently - this may be a plus or a minus - up to you - especially with 24 fret models

- The frets are closer together. You may find yourself cramped up high like I do - especially with jumbo frets
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      24 3/4" requires less tension on the same diameter string to reach the same pitch.

- The pickups are in different spots so they hear the string differently - this may be a plus or a minus - up to you - especially with 24 fret models

- The frets are closer together. You may find yourself cramped up high like I do - especially with jumbo frets
      Hmm. Good things to know. I like the notion of lower string tension but typically play 24 jumbo fret axes. Does Jackson make any 24.5" scale guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
        Does Jackson make any 24.5" scale guitars?
        The Fusion was 24 3/4" scale. I don't know about current models.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

The kv2T is a 24 3/4 scale .

Comment

The Mark Morton is also shorter scale.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              +1 to Turk. I agree with him on it. I have an CS SLS with 24.75" scale & jumbo frets. I do notice it when I'm up on the high notes.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                Does Jackson make any 24.5" scale guitars?
                The 750XL is 24.75" and is 24 frets.

All Fusions that I know of are 24 frets.

Comment

I got bony fingers and i cannot fret those things in the higher registers my fingers are tripping over themselves they feel like toys or something, i don't know how guys with fat digits do it.

Comment

Also, at least in theory, the 25.5" scale guitars will intonate better because you have a slightly higher margin of error between frets.
                    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Shouldnt a longer scale also have a more baritone sound as compared to shorter scales. I know this must be part of the reason the typical baritone ax has a 27" scale.
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Jackson USA FUSION neck-thru 24 frets with 24.75 scale length?

Hello! This is my first post and I wanted to say thank you to all for all the great information sharing. I have a Jackson Fusion Pro from early 90's bolt on made in Japan. Beautiful guitar with a flame to kill for. I've always loved that neck's profile with 24.75 scale length and 24 frets. Now after 30 years of guitar playing, I'm looking to "upgrade" to a neck-thru with similar specs. I'm aware of the 750xl's, archtop pro, warrior, morton, and the 91's. My question is did Jackson make a USA Fusion with 24.75, neck-thru, ebony fretboard, 24 frets? If so, any help on years and approximate values in the used market? Any leads to further information would be greatly appreciated too. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kiddmark66 View Post
                          My question is did Jackson make a USA Fusion with 24.75, neck-thru, ebony fretboard, 24 frets?
                          No. All fusions were bolt on necks.

Comment

You closest choice is an AT Pro.

Comment

Working...
                            X