The ever frowned upon neck diving guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever frowned upon neck diving guitar

If I end up keeping my Predator, how could I achieve a better balance with it? It doesnt dive horribly, but will dive to the point that the neck is parallel with the floor, which to me is very uncomfortable and holding it up feels awkward as well. Any suggestions?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Unless you feel like moving the strap button, use a cotton or leather strap.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Leather straps with the unfinished side down keep the guitar from moving.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I really don't get what the big deal is, my Kelly kinda dives but so what? Is it really that uncomfortable?
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

My Predator doesn't dive at all. Maybe you need a wider strap?
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Leather straps with the unfinished side down keep the guitar from moving.
            Yep, and stop doing that "everybody clap your hands" shit, no one wants to stop drinking anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              I really don't get what the big deal is, my Kelly kinda dives but so what? Is it really that uncomfortable?
              Yes, it is. If it wasnt then perhaps this thread wouldnt exist. My Kelly doesnt dive at all

Comment

The Predator neck dives? Is this a Charvel Predator, or a Peavey Predator?? :think:

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Yes, it is. If it wasnt then perhaps this thread wouldnt exist. My Kelly doesnt dive at all
                  Your Kelly doesn't dive because you probably have the strap button positioned differently than mine. Back on topic, fair enough but i just find it kind of weird when people complain about neck diving. Same as when i hear people complain about that certain guitars (LPs for example) being too heavy or whatever. To quote Arnie, "STAP BEING SUCH A BOOSY!".

I dunno, maybe i have no standards is all hehe.

EDIT:

To actually contribute something to this thread, i think a leather strap should do it. Either that or put some lead in it
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Wider leather unfinished strap helps, also anything to move the upper horn strap button out more, like strap locks and some small washers between the button and the body, and use a longer screw. Depending how bad it is every little bit should help. I also saw someone say once they weighted their strap on the backside to counter neckdive, sounds like a great idea too.

edit...looking at the pics of that guitar it shouldn't be too bad? but i see the upper strap button looks like it might be longer or extended already, is the body basswood or poplar or otherwise extremely light or something?

Comment

I would rout out an area and put lead in it.
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

that's kinda always the first thought yeah,...but i'd try the other options first...another thing came to mind is put a brass big block on the floyd they are pretty weighty.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          The Predator neck dives? Is this a Charvel Predator, or a Peavey Predator?? :think:
                          Charvel. Thanks for the input guys, but I think lead is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                            Your Kelly doesn't dive because you probably have the strap button positioned differently than mine. Back on topic, fair enough but i just find it kind of weird when people complain about neck diving. Same as when i hear people complain about that certain guitars (LPs for example) being too heavy or whatever. To quote Arnie, "STAP BEING SUCH A BOOSY!".

I dunno, maybe i have no standards is all hehe.

EDIT:

To actually contribute something to this thread, i think a leather strap should do it. Either that or put some lead in it
                            Sooo, I suppose it wouldnt bother you if your guitar had a god awfully high action? Different issue resulting in same outcome, playability suffers. What effort it takes in holding up your guitar results in that percent of your consciousness and some percent of the stamina in your fretting arm being diverted to holding up the instrument instead of efficiently playing it. Anymore opinions about my being a "boosy", or do you want to continue to argue against plain and simple logic?

Comment

I find a cotton strap helps to stay put. Jeez, I remember spending a looong time combing the strap display at GC for a simple black cotton straps...actually for the extra-long (XL) ones for my explorer copy.
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X