Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carvin c22 pickups....any input on these guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carvin c22 pickups....any input on these guys?

just wondering what you guys think of em. good for metal? rock? jazz?

They suck,I have never heard or played any that sounded good, but thats just me!

Comment

Agreed, I didn't like them.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

The only Carvin pups I'm familiar with are the C22 series (C22T and C22N), and I thought they were actually pretty good. Had them in a DC400, a DC120 12-string and an SC90.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

metalone/grim
          are they just voiced for say blues and you guys just play metal or they just plain ol suck?

Comment

Good sounding pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              metalone/grim
              are they just voiced for say blues and you guys just play metal or they just plain ol suck?
              I don't think the C22s are voiced for blues, I was of the understanding they were the high output Carvin pup. They were not very good to my ear but you guys may have a different experience.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Well I think the M22SD is their high output model. I have had Carvins with both and I actually prefer the C22, even for metal. I think it has a nice clear tone.

Comment

I like carvin pups. They have a nice tone and is well ballanced. Untill just recently, Tony MacAlpine was a long time endorser of carvin. Listen to some of his stuff after he switched to carvin from BCR.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    I don't think the C22s are voiced for blues, I was of the understanding they were the high output Carvin pup. They were not very good to my ear but you guys may have a different experience.
                    The C22s are more like PAF vintage output.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a C22B I just pulled out of my Bolt+, it is not bad at all I just thought it was too fizzy and pronounced in the low/mids which is where I play a lot of rythym, so I pulled it out. For lead though I liked it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        The C22s are more like PAF vintage output.

Interesting. I found it too be fuzzy, not very good note definition. Perhaps I got a dud.
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                        X