Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to thin out woodworking glue with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to thin out woodworking glue with?

I need to thin out some woodworking glue. What do you folks suggest?

Water? Most wood glues are waterbased.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Will that reduce the strength if its a littles watered down? Its gotta find into a needle so that it can be injected into the hairline crack.

Comment

Yeah, water's got the consistency of.....water....so it'll shoot through a needle easily :P

Nail polish remover might do it also.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
          Will that reduce the strength if its a littles watered down? Its gotta find into a needle so that it can be injected into the hairline crack.
          Well don't water it down TOO much, just enough so that it fills the crack perfectly. Woodglue isn't too viscous to flow through a syringe and needle, just water it down a little to help it along.

As for the needle, try a pharmacy... Just explain to them what it's for, that way they won't think you're a junky
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

You may not need to thin it out; I used titebond through a medicine syringe (with a thick viscosity whip tip at the end of it) on a break. Takes some effort, but it can be done.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X